Thursday, June 14, 2012

In My battle with the Intellectual


In my battle with the intellectual
I have always been ineffectual
to the degree I am transparent with rage
just so blindly they offer bilious as sage
they belittle the reader with their pedantry
and quotes themselves oh so preciously

It scraps at my hide to an excess degree
caught between my brightness and ignominy.
    (which I always spell wrong ignomy
     having learnt my spelling but dimly,)
When the scholarly elite write a 3-tome set
and call it a synopsis, I find it so wet
that I can't help but open my sorry YAP
and look like a whiner, ah, there is the trap.

It isn't your blindness I want to explain
it is just when you puff yourself I feel pain
For if of all my disabling traits I were free
that blow-hard/poetry expert/know-it-all would be ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment